SRE (Special Religious Education) – Lake Mac Church
Lake Mac Church is part of Southlakes Christian Education, for information the curriculum currently in use please refer to the appropriate page on their website, which can be found here –
For further information about our SRE programs or to ask questions please contact Rob Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org,au
At the beginning of each calendar year all curriculum will be reviewed for suitability by the Lake Mac Church SRE Co-ordinator.
Process for authorisation of an SRE teacher:
Prior to initial authorisation a teacher will:
- Complete the Lake Mac Church Ministry application form.
- Have their WWC number “cleared” by church.
- Read the Lake Mac Church Code of Conduct for Working with Children and Youth.
- Complete the Safe Ministry Leader Training Module.
- Meet with the Church SRE Co-ordinator to read and understand the SRE Teacher Handbook.
To renew authorisation
- The Church SRE co-ordinator will confirm that the WWC clearance is still valid.
- The SRE teacher will re- read the Lake Mac Church Code of Conduct for working with Children/ Youth
- Meet with the Church SRE Co-ordinator to review the teacher’s understanding of the content of the SRE Teacher Handbook.
- If a parent has a concern or question about SRE they are best to approach their child’s classroom teacher.
- The Classroom teacher will then contact the SRE teacher or Protestant SRE Co-ordinator to discuss the complaint.
- If the complaint can be easily resolved the classroom teacher will inform the parent of the resolution. The SRE teacher informs the Lake Mac Church SRE Co-ordinator of the complaint and its resolution. If possible it is best that this be done within 7 days.
- If the complaint cannot be easily resolved, the SRE teacher will contact the School Protestant SRE Co-ordinator and the Lake Mac Church SRE Co-ordinator to seek advise. This must be done within 48 hours. It is expected that steps be taken towards resolving the complaint within 7 days.
This page will be reviewed annually.
Last reviewed: 9thNovember 2018.